Software Engineer - FoundationsRegular price
About the jobFront is a hub for customer communication that allows companies to offer tailor-made service at scale. Front looks and feels like your email inbox with a few very important differences: teammates collaborate in the same place where external messages are sent and received, and behind the scenes, robust workflows and integrations power the efficiency and insights typically found in a CRM. More than 6,500 businesses use Front to work together to send out the best replies faster, keep messages organized across channels, and always maintain a personal touch. The result is premier, personalized service that scales with your business — and a team that works together as one.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List , Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list , and Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2022 . We have also been recognized on Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021 .
We are looking for engineers to join our Foundations team. This team is the steward of frameworks and systems upon which other teams build customer-facing functionality. Though building shared libraries, frameworks, and tooling, they ensure that the foundations upon which we build Front are scalable and reliable.
Skills And Experiences
- Experience building frameworks and libraries; experience building distributed systems with an emphasis on reliability, observability, and performance
- Clear, structured thinking and excellent communication skills
- Exceptional software design fundamentals
- A track record of delivering projects of significant complexity
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, low-ego, and high-growth environment
- You’ll get exposure to many different types of systems across production frameworks(e.g. our task queue system that powers our event-driven architecture, real time events, CI/CD, and our batch job framework)
- You’ll heavily influence Front’s backend architecture and the patterns employed by the broader engineering team
- Your primary stakeholders are other engineering teams within Front