Software Engineer IIRegular price
About the job
Cvent is a leading meetings, events and hospitality technology provider with more than 4,300 employees and nearly 21,000 customers worldwide. Founded in 1999, the company delivers a comprehensive event marketing and management platform for event professionals and offers software solutions to hotels, special event venues and destinations to help them grow their group/MICE and corporate travel business. If you want a job where there's more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where ideas are sought after and celebrated, and where hard work is rewarded, then Cvent, specifically our developer framework team, is the place for you! The framework team focuses on helping Product Developers quickly build and deploy Web, Mobile, and Microservice applications, with the added goal of accelerating the adoption of Cloud Native technologies while simplifying how infrastructure is provisioned and operated.
What You Will Be Doing
- Learn the nuts and bolts of Architecture patterns commonly used across the Cvent ecosystem
- Help build out framework solutions that make it easy and intuitive for developers to adopt these architecture patterns.
- Educate teams as needed on the use of Cloud Native technologies that help solve their needs
- Collaborating with our SRE and Product teams (across various business units) to help define and deliver excellent developer experiences that meet the needs of our technology users
- Consistently look for ways to remove friction to ensure the developer's experience with the framework is smooth
What You Need for This Position
The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We seek people who deeply care about the quality of work they produce, who understand the "right way" requires a balance between ideal solutions and speed of delivery. You need to have a strong passion for software development and take pride in your craft. You should also have great analytical skills and the ability to handle complex, modular software development in a collaborative team-based environment.
- 5+ years of overall development experience
- Solid understanding of Cloud infrastructure
- Good knowledge of DevOps principles
- Experience working with React and Next.js
- Experience implementing and using both RESTful APIs
- Exposure to GraphQL (both server and client)
- Experience building frameworks is a plus
- Experience working with AWS CDK
Here are some technologies you’ll be working on:
· AWS (API Gateway, CDK, ECS, Cloudfront, Route53, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, RDS, Lambda)
· React, React Native
· Jenkins, GitHub Actions
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive
environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran
status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace
Cvent Job Candidate Privacy Notice
Physical Demands NoticeSign In For Details