Software Engineer II, Employee CloudRegular price
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
We are looking for a Software Engineer II to build new, innovative solutions to expand the benefits available to Employees that work at a Toast Restaurant. This includes Team Management, Tipping, and Payroll, to name a few. We need your help to improve our platform and add the next generation of products. You will have the opportunity to make an impact immediately.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements):
- Ship code that has a massive impact on helping restaurant employees thrive
- Be part of a team working collaboratively with Research, Design, Product, and other engineers.
- Involvement in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including: product solutioning, technical design and architecture, implementation, testing, deploying, and maintaining.
- Proficient in a modern programming language
- Passionate about technology and learning new things
- Desire to make continuous improvements to teams and technology
Our Tech Stack
Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using GraphQL, Kotlin, and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. Our front ends are written using React and follow a SPA architecture.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
- Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!