Software Engineer InternRegular price
Does starting your career with the world’s leading financial services company excite you? The Experian Internship Program is a unique opportunity to commence your career with a global, fast-growing, innovative company. We have year-round internship opportunities, primarily timed in Summer and Fall.
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of The 100 Best Companies to Work For. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been name in the 100 World’s Most Innovative Companies by Forbes Magazine. We have been rated one of the best Human Resource teams in the US.
During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organizations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
Software Engineer Interns will be concentrating on creating software and applications spanning different types of users, from consumers all the way to the largest financial institutions in the world. They will work with latest technologies and platforms to help leverage Experian’s massive data assets to drive client success. Our Interns are encouraged to make recommendations on new approaches and evaluate different solutions for the new products we seek to build. The candidate must be detail oriented, curious, and able to adapt to business problems in different industries. The candidate must be able to balance multiple concurrent projects, have the ability to prioritize projects, anticipate obstacles, and make high quality deliveries on an aggressive schedule. The candidate must also be a team player that is self-motivated and has excellent communication skills.
- Work with a team of developers to bring new products from prototype to production.
- Produce efficient and elegant code using programming skills (Java, Python, etc.) to develop new applications. tools.
- Identify and translate customer requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- Conduct detailed testing, troubleshooting and debugging
- Ability to work across a variety of technologies and understand how to apply different tools for new product development
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s program- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Proficiency in programming languages including Python, Java or C++
- Experience with web applications, web services, and related ecosystem.
- Exposure to Big Data, i.e. Hadoop and associated tools would be beneficial.
- Ability to comprehend customer and business requirements and translate into workable solutions.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.