Software Engineer, Intern (Backend)Regular price
About the job80% of enterprise data remains unstructured, underpinning critical business workflows and requiring manual processing today. To transform customer experiences, drive bottom-line efficiencies, and achieve full digital transformation, organizations need to automate manual processes reliant on unstructured data.
At Instabase, we're passionate about democratizing access to cutting-edge AI innovation to enable any organization to solve previously unsolvable unstructured data problems in their industry. With customers representing some of the largest financial institutions in the world, and investors like Greylock, Andreessen Horowitz, and Index Ventures, our market opportunity is undeniable.
At the center of our value proposition is our people, and we've built a fearlessly experimental, endlessly curious, customer focused team who together, are fundamentally changing how developers build and distribute intelligent business applications. Remote-first, at 300 employees and growing, and with office hubs in San Francisco, Menlo Park, New York, London and Bangalore, we're looking to add to our talent community so we can continue to harness the power of deep learning to transform our customer's most complex business processes.
Come help us build for the next stage of growth and scale -- accelerate your career with Instabase!
Our Engineering Team architects the underlying operating system, core services, platform infrastructure, dev toolkits, core algorithms, machine learning models, packaged end-user apps, and app store marketplace. Instabase engineers are excited to solve hard problems for complex organizations and are self-starters from day one.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll design and develop Instabase services and applications, touching various layers of the stack. Our product and infrastructure is written in Go, Python, Java, and C++. Our tech stack is React and Typescript on the frontend. We operate using the micro-services model and leverage Docker and Kubernetes for our deployments.
We're hiring across all teams and technical areas, which includes Product Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering, and Security Engineering!
What you’ll do:
- Partner alongside other interns and full-time team members to design and develop a distributed operating system platform that powers Instabase’s services and applications
- Work across a wide array of services that comprise the core components of the operating system, including file services, database storage, access control, account management, authentication, encryption, search and more
- Develop new features that can be leveraged by the other Instabase teams to develop apps and solutions
- Enable front-end engineers to develop the Instabase UI around the platform
- Build and scale a backend infrastructure that can run millions of tasks on thousands of machines with reliable SLA guarantees. You’ll work closely with other engineers in designing the infrastructure as well as interfaces for new applications
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD program studying Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Applied Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or a degree in a related field
- Preferred graduation date between December 2023 - June 2024
- Proficient in one of more of the following languages: Python, Go, Java, and/or C++
- Knowledge and interest in one or more of the following: Cloud Services, Web Toolkits, File Systems, Database Systems, and Machine Learning
- Solid communication and collaboration and a strong eagerness to learn
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign In For Details