Software Engineer Intern - Summer 2023Regular price
About the job
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market-making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodities, interest rates, exchange-traded funds (ETF), and equity index options. From the beginning, we began iteratively investing in our proprietary technology and committing to building our systems from the ground up. Our trading models and software systems are continually re-engineered, optimized, and maintained to stay on top of the industry. This wouldn’t be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions. High-performance proprietary development is the source of our success and competitive advantage at Belvedere, further fueling our passion for performance. We are a team driven by intellectual curiosity, seeking answers that will change not only how we trade in this technological age, but also the future landscape of the trading industry. We place a high premium on defining, developing, and deploying high-performance trading software using a team-based, holistic development approach. We look for passionate team members that excel and their contribution is critical to our continued success At Belvedere Trading, our pragmatic Software Engineer Interns work directly with full-time Software Engineers and other interns to develop our low latency, high-performance, proprietary trading systems. They participate in all aspects of our software development lifecycle, from design to testing to deployment, and have both a love of technology and a demonstrated interest in the financial markets. We’re looking for college juniors who fit this bill.
Don’t know a lot about finance or trading? No sweat. Belvedere Trading University (BTU) program will teach you everything you need to know once you join the team.
What our Software Engineer Interns do
- Collaborate – Work in a collaborative team environment which encourages constant learning and innovation from all levels of the company to build the future of technology and finance
- BTU – Participate in our in-house learning and development curriculum via peer-lead lectures to obtain knowledge about the fundamentals of trading and our proprietary trading systems
- Partner with team members to design, implement, and debug complex trading applications, ensure our software meets requirements, and is testable
- Communicate with project managers and team leadership to develop work strategies
Key qualities in great candidates
- High performer – Experience developing efficient, user-friendly, extensible programs, preferably with an object-oriented programming language such as C++, C#, or Java
- Ownership – Thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment
- Intellectual curiosity and passion – Desire to continuously learn in a team environment, solve challenging problems and learn quickly
- Strong Communication – Effectively communicate project updates to teammates and product managers
- Graduation date of December 2023 or May/June 2024 (start date June 2023)
Women and underrepresented groups frequently apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications.
We encourage you to break that mold and apply. No candidate is perfect; all have a lot to offer.
We welcome your application
The secret to our award-winning culture is our Core Values: Team Belvedere, Me In Team, Own It, Iterative Innovation, and Passionate Discourse. We live and breathe these values every day.
Belvedere is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Belvedere encourages initiatives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds. Please note that Belvedere Trading does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will become the property of Team Belvedere. No phone calls, please.
Any questions regarding the virtual recruiting process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Schedule: Regular and reliable attendance during standard business hours with the ability to be on-site prior to the start of business on occasion
Amount of Travel Required: NoneSign In For Details