Software Engineer L2 - BackendRegular price
About the job
What we want to accomplish and why we need you?
Haptik is one of the world's largest Conversational AI companies, having reached over 550+ million devices, and processed over 5+ billion conversations till date. Haptik has been at the forefront of the paradigm shift of interaction from clicks to conversations. We have built a robust set of technology and tools that can enable any kind of conversational application. With a 400+ member strong team, Haptik is truly poised to lead the Conversational AI revolution with some of the best minds in the industry.
We are a full-stack conversational AI company from building products to delivering bots for our clients. We are looking for a Backend Engineer to help improve our bot-building tools which are used internally and by our clients.
Haptik’s Hybrid Work Model:
- Haptik plans to operate in a hybrid work-model where our employees will have the flexibility to Work-from-Home (WFH) for up to 3 out of 5 working days every week.
- In addition to Mumbai where we already have an office, places like Bangalore, Delhi/NCR and Pune will also have an office space soon in 2022 as many of our current employees are also based in these cities.
- You’re encouraged to apply only if you’re either based in one of these 4 cities (Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Pune) or are open to relocating to one within 3 months of joining us.
What will you do every day?
As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for building the Haptik platform which is used by people across the globe. You will be responsible for developing, architecting and scaling the systems that support all the functions of the Haptik platform. While you know how to work hard, you also know how to have fun at work and make friends with your colleagues.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Have in depth knowledge of database concepts, debugging skills, algorithms and data structures, DB query optimization techniques (via experience or reading), unit testing in Python, CI/CD concepts and backend systems, design principles, good coding practices
- Thorough understanding of how to build/improve complex tools already at scale
- Work across all teams to understand requirements and implementation of API’s/Solutioning for these tools
- High level estimating and scoping/breaking down of tasks
- Model/Re-Model database architecture for performance and scalability
- Collaborate with the product team to build out cutting edge proof of concept (poc).
- Respond to data requests, generate/produce reports to help product teams make informed decisions.
- Participate in code reviews, automated and functional testing, and other aspects of our quality assurance process
- Fully participate in a scrum-based, agile development environment
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Have good communication skills
- 4+ years of experience developing complex and scalable products
- Good knowledge of at-least one framework (Django, Django Rest Framework (DRF) preferred)
- Must be proficient with one language : Python/Java/PHP
- Must have modeled normalized database schemas for large scale applications like MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Must have used in-memory data stores like Redis, Memcached
- Must have experience in Azure cloud
- Preferred skills: PyMongo, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Celery, Kubernetes + Docker
- Requirements is such a strong word. We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell Me More About Haptik
- On a roll: Announced major strategic partnership with Jio.
- Great team: You will be working with great leaders who have been listed in Business World 40 Under 40, Forbes 30 Under 30 and MIT 35 Under 35 Innovators.
- Great culture: The freedom to think and innovate is something that defines the culture of Haptik. Every person is approachable. While we are working hard, it is also important to take breaks to not get too worked up.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing chatbot market. The global market is projected to attain a valuation of US $0.94 bn by the end of 2024 progressing from US $0.11 bn earned in 2015.
- Great customers: Businesses across industries - Samsung, HDFC Life, Times of India are some that have relied on Haptik's Conversational AI solutions to engage, acquire, service and understand customers.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.