Software Engineer (.Net / C#) (Multiple Openings, Immediate Joiners Preferred)Regular price
Who we are
Brightly, the global leader in intelligent asset management solutions, enables organizations to transform the performance of their assets. Brightly’s sophisticated cloud-based platform leverages more than 20 years of data to deliver predictive insights that help users through the key phases of the entire asset lifecycle. More than 12,000 clients of every size worldwide depend on Brightly’s complete suite of intuitive software – including CMMS, EAM, Strategic Asset Management, IoT Remote Monitoring, Sustainability and Community Engagement. Paired with award-winning training, support and consulting services, Brightly helps light the way to a bright future with smarter assets and sustainable communities.
About The Job
Brightly continues to grow and needs amazing engineers. This is an excellent fit for talented engineers who thrive in a fast-paced environment. New hires will work alongside our top-notch engineers and product team to design, implement, deliver and support our highly ambitious products and integrations. We care deeply about your passion and dedication to the craft of software.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build innovative and performant features into our next-generation software applications.
- Apply deep knowledge of computer science & programming principles, combined with empirical experience into innovative solutions.
- Develop, implement, document libraries and frameworks that allow us to effectively scale development on our applications across multiple projects as common services or components, within scope, cost, time & quality constraints.
- Build quality into agile product lifecycle encompassing requirements, design, code, testing, delivery, support.
- Write clear maintainable full-stack code, adhere/improve/augment existing standards, work in a professional software engineering environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration, and deployment, etc.).
- Understand company goals and metrics and align with code objectives.
- Partner with product owners and UX on what’s feasible technically, participate in user requirements translation to technical specifications.
- Support our products, identify and fix root causes of production incidents, contribute to troubleshooting and resolution of support issues.
- Own product quality and work to quickly address production defects.
- Embed a DevOps mentality within the team.
- Demonstrate data-driven analysis and pragmatic decision making aligned with business and technology needs. Differentiate between immediate needs vs long term solutions.
- Challenge yourself and your team to stay current with the latest technology trends.
- Collaborate in product lifecycle with senior engineers, development managers, product managers, scrum-masters in an agile environment, with scrum implemented at scale globally.
- Be part of continuous improvement processes. Welcome, change and complexity. Learn quickly and adapt fast. Be a change leader!
What you need
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of work experience
- Data structures and algorithms, object-oriented programming, databases, SQL, web programming, design patterns, SOLID principles
- 2+ years’ REST services, SOA, micro-services
- 2+ years’ unit testing, mocking frameworks, test automation frameworks
- DevOps mindset – experience in a mature CI/CD SDLC environment, implemented exception handling, logging, monitoring, performance measurement, operational metrics knowledge
- 2+ years’ experience working in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Strong communication, partnership, teamwork skills required
- .NET Framework and .NET Core
- ASP.NET MVC and Web API
- Entity Framework
- WebDriverIO, Cypress
- SQL Server
- Visual Studio (with ReSharper)
- NodeJS, VueJS and Bootstrap
- Xamarin Mobile framework
- Experience with AWS
- Open-Source contribution, repositories, personal projects
- Participation in communities of interest, meetups
- Certifications in technology, agile methodologies
- Prior experience in agile implemented at scale across multiple teams globally
The Brightly culture
Service. Ingenuity. Integrity. Together. These values are core to who we are and help us make the best decisions, manage change, and provide the foundations for our future. These guiding principles help us innovate, flourish and make a real impact in the businesses and communities we help to thrive. We are committed to the great experiences that nurture our employees and the people we serve while protecting the environments in which we live.
Together we are Brightly