Software Engineering - InternRegular price
About the jobMake your mark at the world's largest HVAC company
Daikin Applied is now hiring for a Software Engineering Intern in Plymouth, MN !
Daikin Applied’ s Software Engineering - Controls team strives to exceed expectations and maintain trust worldwide as a global company that supports human health and comfort while creating new value for air and the environment. As a global leader in the industry, we are challenging new fields for sustainable development in our society.
Timeline: This Internship opportunity is for May – August 2023.
Important to Know:
- This opportunity will be based in the location listed above, with the potential opportunity to work remote
- Individuals must be authorized to work in the U.S, without sponsorship
- You will have the opportunity to own a meaningful, real-life project within the Controls Department that can directly create a positive impact to Daikin Applied’ s HVAC Development
- You will join a world class team of professionals that fosters a great place to learn, and build your network
- Highly competitive Intern pay
- An opportunity to build relationships with other students beyond your department
- Design and test product or system software such as support tools, gateways, chiller controls, web application, or web infrastructure under the direction of an assigned engineer
- Work with assigned engineer to research and analyze data such as specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Sophomore or Junior currently enrolled in an accredited degree program in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related degrees
- Can apply Software Engineering design principles
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the internship
Legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Strong Excel acumen
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry-leading innovations and technology. Our award-winning Rebel® rooftop units, Magnitude® magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder® air cooled chillers and Intelligent Equipment® set new standards for efficiency and value for building owners. Also, our extensive water source heat pump and applied technologies, aftermarket service, and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2019 revenues in excess of $23.5 billion USD and more than 67,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Strong Excel acumen