Software/Firmware QA Validation EngineerRegular price
About the job
** Please note: Due to the need to put hands on some of the products/PCB's this role will need to be onsite 50% of the time in Either Houston, Texas or San Luis Obispo, CA. Client will provide relocation and Visa transfers, if needed. **
We are a 60+ Year old, 1800+ employee Global independent directional drilling and wellbore navigation, surveying and logging Service Company serving customers worldwide. Our industry leading navigation systems provide definitive wellbore placement information, enabling safer and more efficient placement of tightly spaced wellbores throughout the world. We are motivated by crafting innovative and elegant solutions to technically challenging problems.
Nestled between San Francisco and Los Angeles, the California Central Coast is the location described as the happiest place on earth. Home to where others vacation, including 200+ wineries, fresh air, miles of beautiful beaches, and small town appeal. Our Systems Verification Engineer position will be working in our Research and Development department located in our San Luis Obispo, CA OR Houston, Texas locations
· Work closely with both internal and external customers and, product development teams to establish test requirements.
· Create test plans, procedures and acceptance criteria for each application under tests.
· Create and execute manual and automated tests based on test specifications.
· Work independently to investigate system level defects and bugs, isolate failure areas and retest application updates.
- Manipulate Hardware test fixtures using Jtag or similar technology
· Report test results and log defects following defined test reporting procedures.
· Apply analytical skills to solve problems, identify and implement effective solutions.
· Exercise initiative to improve system verification (QA) testing methodologies and processes.
· Adhere to and improve safety standards.
· Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the needs of the business.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledgeable about the product development life cycle and QA testing concepts, processes and methodologies.
· Ability to work in fast paced results driven environment while maintaining strong attention to detail.
· Excellent problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
· 5+ years' experience in Quality Assurance or related engineering discipline.
· Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Experience developing and/or managing test plans and test cases is a plus
· Experience with software configuration management tools (e.g. Perforce, git, etc.) is a plus
· Experience with issue tracking tools (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla etc.) is a plus
· Experience with test case management tools (e.g. TestRail) is a plus
· Experience with automated test platforms (e.g. TestComplete) is a plus
· Programing skills in Java, C, C++, C# or Python is a plus
· Experience with test fixture design/development is a plus
· Hardware debugging experience using JTAG, oscilloscopes, and/or logic analyzers is a plus