Solutions EngineerRegular price
The Constant Company, LLC, the creator of Vultr, is a rapidly-growing cloud infrastructure provider with 23 global data center locations and counting. Constant's flagship product, Vultr® is a favorite among developers, serving over 1.5 million customers with flexible, scalable bare metal, cloud compute, and cloud storage solutions. Constant is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our team as a Solutions Engineer.
Constant is hiring a Solutions Engineer to work with customers. The Solutions Engineer engages with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, and design reliable and cost-effective cloud-native architectures. As Solutions Engineer, you will partner with customers, Sales, and several other Constant teams to create solutions that address business problems and accelerate the adoption of Constant services. In collaboration with Sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of both partners and customers.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. The Solutions Engineer is a technical role - you must be broadly competent across many areas of technology (infrastructure, security, DevOps, databases, application development, analytics) and deep in at least 2-3 of those areas. On the business side, the ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical. The Solutions Engineer will spend most of their day interacting with several customer stakeholders, including Developers, Engineers, Directors, and CxOs.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Have fun! In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Enjoy working with customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
- Have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Systems or Support Engineer, including pre-sales experience. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on Constant.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study OR 4+ years of professional work experience
- 4+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
- 1+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
- Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
- Travel requirement up to 25%
- 5+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or consulting
- Experience designing/operating solutions built on Constant
- Demonstrated thought leadership through publications and public speaking
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills.
- Flexibility that comes from working remote
- Health/ Dental/ Vision/ Flex Spending Benefits
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% contribution matching
- Looking to grow? Continuing Education Reimbursement of $500 each year!
- PTO + Sick + Personal Days & 9 holidays
- Initial and quarterly allowances for remote office setup, upgrades and replacements
- Monthly internet reimbursement available for remote employees