Solutions EngineerRegular price
Proton.ai is revolutionizing wholesale distribution. Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. But there’s a problem. Selling as a distributor is complicated. Distributors carry hundreds of thousands of complicated SKUs, making it impossible for distributors to know what their customers need. Proton cuts through this complexity with AI. We provide a solution that modernizes distributors' sales efforts. And in doing so, we help distributors better serve their customers.
Our company is in hyper-growth mode. We've had significant year-over-year revenue growth, and we just raised a $20M Series A backed by Felicis Ventures (investors in Twitch, Shopify, Opendoor, and many others) and Battery Ventures. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton.ai team.
We're looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our Customer Engineering team. You'll partner with sales and customer success to build the case for Proton with technical stakeholders and be our Proton solution expert. This role is considered a technical expert, working with customers and developers to architect and deliver solutions.
Your job will include learning about our client’s tech stack and tech needs, in order to close new or expansion business and set the client up for a successful implementation. Our integration process principally involves helping clients exchange data between their infrastructure and Proton.
What you’ll do:
- Acting as a technical guide and consultant, you will gather customer’s requirements and success criteria, provide architecture best practice and document data for internal handoffs.
- Own all pre and post-sale scoping efforts to enable integrations team to effectively build to customer requirements. Act as the liaison between customer technical requirements and internal build terminology.
- Work with various customer stakeholders - from IT to VPs of Sales to Digital Transformation teams - to ensure clear buy in on the technical aspects of Proton.
- Answer internal and customer questions around custom configurations, how the product works with a variety of applications and the integration process.
We're a remote-first company and open to candidates around the world. Our working hours are flexible, however all our customers are currently US based and that requires some core working hours to be in alignment with US time zones. This role requires occasional paid travel to in-person meetups.
The target OTE for this role is $130,000-$150,000 with a base + compensation structure. Final offers will be based on your skills and previous experience.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Experience in core software topics (full-stack, APIs, databases, data processing, networking) - familiarity with specific technologies is not a hard requirement.
- Technical skills: As the technical expert in the room, you need to display the ability to understand and discuss various architectures and solutions, providing best practices through proven experience.
- Curiosity: You understand that each customer is unique and seek to understand and educate on how our solution can add value. You are able to dive deep to gather the specifications our team will need to know to create a path for success and make recommendations for best configurations.
- Collaborative approach: You partner with internal teams, such as AE/AM in the sales process, Integrations team for customer onboarding handoffs, and Product for customer feedback and customizations, communicating to the technical level of the audience.
- Autonomous Motivation: You take ownership of your own work, and thrive when given creative freedom. You help push the status quo to improve our processes and customer experience.
- Competitive Salaries + Company Stock Options - we want to pay you well (and equitably!) and make you feel like an owner.
- Flexible Schedule - we think high levels of autonomy, responsibility and working asynchronously foster an amazing workplace.
- Unlimited PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays - we even have tools implemented to detect burnout to make sure folks recharge regularly.
- 401k with Employer Match (US only, for now!) - we know work isn’t forever, so we match up to 3% of your salary to help you prepare whether you directly contribute or not.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - we cover one medical plan 100% in the USA and cover a premium plan 100% for international employees (for US- this includes a HSA!) and cover 50% for dependents on all our medical plan options.
- $450 Quarterly Remote Working Stipend - to iterate and upgrade your WFH setup, cover cell phone/internet bills or even to go towards Coworking space!
- 12 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave - that goes for primary and secondary caregivers; even if you’re adopting or fostering!
- Biannual Company Paid off-sites - time for us to be together, brainstorm, and make magic happen.
Our Hiring Process
You may notice we hire a little differently. During screening and interviewing, we only ask questions directly related to the work you will be doing. Candidates enjoy our hiring process and tell us that the questions we ask make sense, plus they get to showcase their abilities. You can learn more about our engineering organization more generally on our engineering blog.
We also know the confidence gap can get in the way of great candidates putting their hats in the ring. So please don’t hesitate to apply—we’d love to hear from you.