Solutions Engineer - Corporate TeamRegular price
We are looking for a Corporate Solutions Engineer to join our Solutions Engineering team. We are looking for someone to join us in our office(s) in Boston, but we’re equally happy for you to join our team as a remote employee (based in the United States). Please check out this article for more context: The Future of Work at HubSpot: How We're Building a Hybrid Company.
We are a team of enthusiastic Solutions Engineers working from different offices and remotely across the globe. We support each other and we share our knowledge - within our own team but also across the global Presales organization at HubSpot. We strive to do this in a psychologically safe and inclusive environment where everybody’s opinion is equally valued and heard and where we have some fun along the way :-). As our CTO and Co-founder Dharmesh Shah said during his keynote at INBOUND 2020: "Diverse teams are the best performing teams!". You might also find the following article interesting from our EMEA SE manager: How we value Diversity in Pre-sales.
We are looking for someone who knows how to collaborate well in a team environment, who is sensitive to clients’ needs and who can develop relationships. In this role, you will mostly work with our sales teams but also with many other stakeholders, incl. our Solutions Architect, local sales leadership, our post-sales technical consultants and our regional solutions partners.
Life at HubSpot is certainly busy and it can be a bit hectic sometimes but we respect the boundaries people set for themselves to manage both life and work. You might enjoy this short video on Linkedin by Dan, the manager of the JAPAC SE team, about how much this flexibility means to him as a parent.
In This Role, You Will
- Work as a strategic partner with our Account Executives to drive forward a complex, multi-phase team sale involving stakeholders from Sales, Solutions Partners, Security, Customer Success, and occasionally Business Strategy, Product, Executive Sponsorship, and others.
- Use your blend of technical and business acumen to analyze complex use cases and find elegant, creative solutions to people, business and technology problems.
- Lead and drive technical pre-sales conversations around integration and data migration
- Consult our customers/prospects on their business challenges and how HubSpot can provide solutions to those challenges
- Proactively manage and prioritize a pipeline of deals to support the performance of the sales team, and strategize with our Account Executives to support those deals from discovery to closing phase
- Provide valuable feedback to our product team by being the voice of the prospect
- Coach the sales teams on HubSpot’s functionalities to help come up with strategic value oriented solutions for our prospects
- Collaborate with other SEs across the globe on local, regional and global initiatives and projects
- Mentor fellow SE’s to elevate and support the growth of the team
What are the role requirements?
- Fluency in English
- 2+ years of Pre-Sales Engineer, Solutions Engineer experience preferred, or for example as a Pre-Sales Consultant, or as an Implementation, Onboarding or Technical Consultant or in a technical sales role. Experience with SaaS & cloud-based software a must.
- Ability to conceptually understand and explain technical concepts and overall technologies in simple terms, such as how an API and backend/front end systems work.
- Strong business acumen and ability to consult customers/prospects on their strategic challenges.
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage both internal and external stakeholders. Able to “read between the lines” and adapt communication contextually to your audience.
- Comfortable adapting to an ambiguous and ever-changing environment and creating the structure and processes needed to prioritize and manage your workflow.
- Who succeeds in this role?
- A team player who loves autonomy in their role with great collaboration and communication skills
- Someone who is curious, eager to learn and open to admitting mistakes #growthmindset
- Someone who exemplifies HEART
- Someone who is great at time management
- A problem solver with a consultative and strategic mindset
- Someone with a business and value oriented mindset
- We don’t expect you to be an expert at everything. Extensive on-the-job training will be provided to the successful candidate.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.