Sr. Product Manager Portfolio ManagementRegular price
We are hiring a passionate Product Manager to join the Portfolio Management team within IBM Corporate Strategy to work with a variety of our highly motivated and talented product managers, designers, consultants, data analysts, scientists and business leaders across IBM. This is your unique opportunity to use your extensive product/portfolio management skills and experience in building a core a next-generation portfolio management discipline as a product that is used by various stakeholders across the organization.
Your Role and Responsibilities
What You Will Be Doing
Strategize, build product and discipline and collaborate
- Create a next-generation portfolio management as a product that provides actionable portfolio and product-level insights to optimize investment decisions, ensure integrity and maximize returns for our business
- Determine and evolve the best methodology to rank-order investments, assess product competitiveness and strategic IBM fit. Apply AI/ML to identify hidden relationships and accelerate TTC (time to conclusion)
- Collect requirements from different personas and derive key questions our team needs to help the business get answers on.
- Develop a roadmap and strategy for supporting tooling as well as the portfolio management discipline
- Develop and maintain relationships with Product Portfolio executives, product management teams and finance. Foster alignment on a single source of truth across all functions
- Ensure plans are actioned and governed by a closed feedback loop to continuously improve the portfolio management discipline and ensure ratification of decisions and plans
- Develop and employ a portfolio life-cycle model to gate and govern investments
- Ensure alignment and integrity in product and portfolio investments and roadmaps
- Perform continuous analysis and monitoring of the product portfolio components to identify issues, risks, and opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with IBM's Chief Analytics Office, Chief Data Office, Product / Tools Engineering
Develop actionable insights, obtain buy-in and consult with the adoption of conclusions
- Be obsessed about the user experience as different personas consume portfolio and product-level information. We create effective stories, not isolated dashboards
- Engage users and present data in a highly-consumable fashion that leads to succinct conclusions and effective actions.
- Maintain on-going management of product portfolio operational discipline.
- Manage intake and portfolio alignment for incoming initiatives.
- Monitor overall customer/product engagement on portfolio management discipline as an internal product
- Conduct regular reviews of portfolio status with the Product Portfolio Managers.
- Review portfolio and program-level KPIs as major milestones are reached.
- Coach and guide product and portfolio level managers on the adoption and effective use of the portfolio management discipline, reports and findings
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master in Computer Science, Business Administration or other related disciplines. A minimum of five (5) years of:
- product management experience in building products, managing roadmaps, assessing and managing customer requirements
- enterprise-level portfolio management experience, understanding GTM strategy
- of experience in packaging and pricing, understanding license models, KPI's to measure product market fit, adoption, retention, growth - both for SaaS and SW consumption models
- of hands-on data analytics experience using Excel or other tools to assess individual product- or portfolio performance
- Diverse and inter-disciplinary experience including strategic planning, portfolio operations, product management, software development
- Able to cope with ambiguity and work to a plan adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and collaborate effectively
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of the SW and Cloud market, major players, trends
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible. Proof of vaccination status will be required. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.