Sr. Product Manger I, Experimentation ProductRegular price
Our mission is to deliver capabilities that power innovation with a culture of rapid and iterative experimentation. Feature management is a key component in helping us scale experimentation at Disney Streaming. By using feature flags, our teams can control how new features are shipped and understand the impact of every new product shipped on a subset of our guests.
This exciting new role is ideal for a self-starter who can both think strategically and execute roadmap priorities with attention to detail. You’ll partner with key stakeholders on the Disney Streaming and Hulu engineering teams to understand their pain points around feature deployments and use that insight to develop a 3-6 month roadmap. You’ll be supported by a fantastic team that includes feature flag service engineering, UX design, data science, experiment analytics and your colleagues on the experimentation product team. This is an opportunity to develop a tailored feature flagging service that will be the cornerstone for how we scale experimentation across our brands (Disney+, Hulu, Star+ and ESPN+) and across all teams at Disney Streaming.
- You are technical and have hands-on software product development/management and delivery experience with data and related technologies
- You are a strong communicator, you enjoy moderating sessions, gathering requirements, and socializing outcomes - through various channels - to drive progress
- You are comfortable asking questions and want to understand your internal customer’s motivations to develop the right solutions
- You are comfortable in ambiguous and fast changing environments with fluctuating demands
- You have experience in and genuine interest for product analytics and experimentation methodologies
- You enjoy building relationships and genuinely want to learn about your stakeholder’s needs in order to develop tangible solutions
- You enjoy diving deep into a particular domain to gain an understanding of your customer’s needs and be the conduit for making sure those needs are well understood
- You enjoy developing thoughtful and concise requirements through memos and user stories. You take pride that your name is attached to these artifacts
- You love working with engineering teams
- You thrive in a culture that values close collaboration between autonomous teams.
- You will work with a sense of ownership and urgency towards our collective goal of increasing experiment quality and velocity
- You will seek out and share industry trends around experimentation and feature management approaches and tooling
- You will build relationships that help drive consensus among all required groups across the organization when trying to accomplish larger goals.
- You resolve blockers in other teams to move your products forward
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum 3 years of experience building and delivering software products in a product management role.
- Prior experience in managing enterprise products that deliver capabilities to engineering stakeholders.
- Experience in developing feature management tools or experience leveraging tools such as LaunchDarkly, Optimizely or Split.io within a high growth environment is desired.
- Experience with experimentation tools or a background in building experimentation technology solutions is strongly desired.
- A background in direct-to-consumer business models and consumer video streaming applications is ideal.
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines is a plus