Staff Software EngineerRegular price
About the job
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Here at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc. you create a digital ecosystem around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer, responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS/Android devices including mobile phones and wearables. Your primary focus will be overseeing development of mobile applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential
Staff Software Engineers will help lead project teams, will design, develop and maintain various consumer applications and large scale distributed systems. Successful candidates will design and deliver software features and services to millions of users, coach team members and coordinate with internationally distributed design and development teams.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Design and build applications for the iOS/Android platform
- Ensure readiness for publication to Apple & Google stores
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization Design and delivery of large scale distributed systems
- Maintenance and migration of existing systems
- Mentoring team members
- Assist with recruiting and hiring of team members
- Manage large projects or processes with limited oversight from manager
- Work to achieve operational targets with major Impact on the departmental results
- Responsible for managing complex projects involving delegation of work and review of work products
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient with Objective-C or Swift, Kotlin and Cocoa Touch and ide’s like XCode, Android Studio. Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS/Android applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of Azure based technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of mobile design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools such as Instruments or Shark
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with feature toggling tools like Launch Darkly, analytics tool like Google Firebase.
- Experience with DevOps teams and culture
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 1+ years of leadership
- Experience with concepts of API design, load balancing, cross platform development
- Deployment of applications onto systems with multiple versions and generations
- Experience with internationally distributed teams
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.