Strategic Solution Engineer - Consumer GoodsRegular price
Consumer Goods Solution Engineer (All levels)
What is a Consumer Goods (CG) Solution Engineer? Also known as a " Sales Engineer" or "Solutions Consultant," the CG Solution Engineer is responsible for leading the pre-sales technological relationship with the customer or prospect. This includes communicating product offerings and architecture in the best light to Consumer Goods customers and prospects, evoking confidence in the company’s technology infrastructure, and removing all technical objections in the sales cycle. To accomplish this, the RCG Solution Engineer must have a strong desire to demonstrate their technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value through developing positive relationships. The range of solutions and products that the RCG solution engineer will cover includes the breadth of the Salesforce technologies with an emphasis on Marketing, Sales, and Service capabilities, helping to paint the entire Salesforce vision to our Consumer Goods customers and prospects.
- Understand the customer's needs, and establish Salesforce's product as the best solution that solves the customer's challenges
- Build and present customized solutions and demonstrations focused on Salesforce CRM products to multiple customer personas showing how Salesforce will accelerate their business strategies and a path to value.
- Convey a deep understanding of the customer's technology as it pertains to Salesforce's solutions
- Orchestrate and project lead multi-functional solutions experts, and align them to the opportunity strategy
- Develop and deliver the story of the customer experience aided by Salesforce technologies
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training to maintain the knowledge vital to be effective in the position
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
- Ability to travel based on territory alignment and region
- 3-5+ years of strong pre-sales/business development experience from a software vendor, systems integrator, or other consulting organization
- Experience in the why, what, and how of innovation and transformation
- A practitioner in a company (ideally Consumer Goods) with the ability to align technology to business outcomes
- Knowledge of related applications, marketing technology systems, relational databases, and web technology
- Proven oral, written, presentation, teamwork, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in multifaceted political environments
- Salesforce Certifications
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience as a solution/sales engineer for a CRM company or similar technology
- Trade Promotion Management technology skills
- Basic programming experience in HTML and other web-based technologies
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $71,400. You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .