Strategy & Analysis Manager, Business CatalogRegular price
Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 97 million registered learners as of Dec. 31, 2021. Coursera partners with over 250 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The Content Strategy team is the company’s forward-looking radar and content innovation hub -- driving relevant content to empower learners. We advise on strategic opportunities, identify impactful targets, launch strategic initiatives, and incubate new product lines and verticals.
We are seeking a highly strategic, data-driven, and analytical strategist for our business domain. In this role, you will be the business vertical thought leader within Coursera.
The Strategy & Analysis Manager, Business Catalog will be responsible for using on- and off-platform data to inform the company’s business content strategy. “Business” encompasses areas such as leadership, entrepreneurship, marketing, sales, finance, and ones that you define. You will identify gaps and areas of over-saturation, evaluate the potential opportunity size of recommended content through forecasting, and consult to our Partnerships teams to help source these gaps. Additionally, you will educate the rest of Coursera about the business landscape -- job demand, learner mindset, popular content, thought leaders, and more. The research will likely include competitive analyses, overviews of key skills needed to succeed in a content domain, and forward-looking research to identify forthcoming trends. This person will also be responsible for identifying and reaching out to key informants in the field for background on topic areas, and recommendations about what new content Coursera should add.
In addition to identifying key areas of strategic investment, you’ll be involved in consultation to companies and universities to help their content come to life. This consultation will be done in coordination with our Partnerships Managers, and will range in scope from helping to identify specific topics in business, to reviewing proposed curricula, to creating multi-year content plans that cut across departments and content formats (e.g., Courses, Degrees).
In short, you should have deep knowledge of the business domain, must be very comfortable using data to make strategic recommendations, be a real team player, and also be passionate about education in business fields.
- Use on and off-platform data/research to identify business topics, credentials, and skills that are of high value to Coursera’s learners.
- Consult to companies and universities (via Partnerships Managers) on strategic business content opportunities and evaluate the potential opportunity size of recommended content through forecasting
- Use data and domain knowledge to ensure the overall health of the business domain
- Communicate and present on Coursera’s business domain strategy to internal and external stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience with a breadth of business topics
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated history in data analysis or research
- Possesses strategic thinking skills
- Masters degree in Business or other related fields
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Excel, SQL, Python and/or R a plus
- Experience with forecasting and modeling tools, and support of sales and partnership teams a plus
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Business Strategy
- International Business Essentials
- IBM Data Analytics with Excel and R
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.