Student Technical InternRegular price
About the job
Job Description:RESPEC, a nationally recognized consulting and services company is hiring technical interns to join its Data & Technology Services Business Unit in our Rapid City, SD location. Technical Interns work under the general direction of a senior-level staff member or a supervisor and are responsible for assisting project teams with coding, planning, quality control, data analysis/entry, and other areas of focus. They are expected to collaborate with one or more technical mentors to assist with various projects.
- Love to learn cutting edge technology?
- Thrive on writing software?
- Dream of solving real world problems?
If you answered yes to one or all of those questions, then we want to talk to you. At RESPEC, we hire the best of the best that love to learn, solve problems, appreciate a fun-loving culture, and want to be involved. Duties of a Technical Intern may include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating, modifying, and testing code, forms, and scripts needed to run computer applications
- Working from specifications written by software developers or other individuals
- Assisting software developers by analyzing user needs and reviewing software solutions
- Assisting in administrative project tasks
- Assisting the project team in identifying process improvements
- Assisting the software development team with software update releases
- Automating test cases by using a variety of test automation tools
- Working with support and implementation teams to investigate production-support issues and perform root-cause analysis.
- Enrolled in an accredited technical school or college and studying toward a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- Software development knowledge gained through either coursework or job experience
- Exposure to needs analysis, development, and deployment of software applications
Compensation:Hourly wage depends on education and experience, plus statutory insurance requirements.
Interviews:Interview will be made by appointment only