Summer Intern, Music Programming - Part-TimeRegular price
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! SiriusXM + Pandora interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, writing code, working on projects and making valuable contributions to the company. Join our internship program and learn about the world of audio entertainment and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
SiriusXM is looking for interns with a love for radio, a passion for all musical genres and some production experience! Interns will work directly with music programmers and producers to learn the ins and outs of how our music channels and live shows are created.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Edit and ingest audio for on air programming including, interviews, guest DJs and performances.
- Assist with maintenance of music database through scheduling (Music Master) and metadata (Galaxy) software.
- Assist with building specialty programming in automation system.
- Load promos and specialty imaging.
- Compile playlists for mix shows to be reported to music labels.
- Perform show preparation for on-air talent (concert dates, news, etc).
- Interact with listeners through e-mail and on-air phone screening.
- Shadow artist studio sessions; including in studio performances and interviews and/or zoom sessions.
- Participate in on-air content.
- May assist with music archiving.
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Current or previous enrollment in communications classes preferred.
- Broadcast communications majors preferred.
- Prior internship or working experience in radio/TV preferred.
- Experience with digital media systems, a plus.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good project management and planning skills.
- Good personnel management skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Familiar with SiriusXM programming.
- Knowledge of various music styles and genres.
- Multilingual abilities a plus.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Automation/On-Air software, a plus.
- Experience with digital editing software (Cool Edit, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.