UX Designer / UX Researcher Intern - Fall 2022 Internship (Meraki)Regular price
UX Design / Research Internship, Fall 2022 (September 2022 - December 2022)
Please include a link to your portfolio in your application or within your resume
Meraki makes setting up and maintaining reliable Internet and Internet-powered devices easier than ever before. We enable organizations everywhere, from local libraries to hotels operating worldwide, to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works.
We’re looking for a UX Design intern to join us in simplifying IT! As a UX intern at Meraki, you will be responsible for the design of interactions and components. Collaborating with other designers, researchers, and partners in product management and engineering, you will collect data and conduct research to understand users’ goals, and you will explore and iterate on solutions.
We place a high value on encouraging the growth and development of everyone on the team. On the UX team, we give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other. UX interns will be paired with a mentor and work closely with them throughout their internship.
The UX team’s primary focus is on software, but we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization and think about how to improve the entire customer journey.
- Learn about the domain and workflows of our users
- Research Run and synthesize research, collaborate to create solutions with designers, engineers, and product managers
- Design Design lo-fi and hi-fi interactions, collaborate with teammates to prototype solutions
- Iterate on designs based on peer feedback, user research, usability testing, analytics, and other data
- Present rationale for product decisions
- Solicit feedback from designers, researchers, and other collaborators
- Must be pursuing a degree towards Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, UX Design, Media Arts, or similar
- Driven, eager, and open to learning new skills and deepening your area(s) of expertise
- Excellent communicator and take initiative to check-in with your teammates
- Focus area and strength in user-centered research, human-centered design, or both
- Collaborated with people in other fields (engineering, product, etc.) and worked as a team
- Investigated problems in screen-based products and fashioned sophisticated solutions. Assessed the impact of the solutions and iterated on them.
- A basic understanding and familiarity with front-end code (HTML/CSS)
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Housing Assistance
- Competitive salary
- Weekly social events inside and outside of the office
- Daily lunch and dinner
- Customized laptop and desk setups
- Medical coverage plan
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people! We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.